Black Fuel Trading Co is the coffee business of Thirty Seconds To Mars drummer Shannon Leto. The below recipe was mentioned on Black Fuel’s website blog, which has since been updated and removed. Fear not like the fan I am I took screenshots and below is recipe! I wish they would return the blog it was a great feature of their page. Hint hint!
All equipment for recipe including their exclusive coffees can be purchased from their website http://www.blackfuel.com.
- Coffee grinder and French Press. Both available from website
- 1/2 to 1 cup of whole coffee beans. Can be purchased on their website
- 3 cups of cold water, preferably filtered
- Milk or Almond milk. Whatever floats your boat. You may like it black
- Grind beans until they are coarse enough to be filtered through press
- Pour ground coffee into press and top with the 3 cups of water
- Stir gently until blended
- Place lid on press but do not press down plunger
- Steep coffee for 12 to 16 hours. Overnight is best ready for next morning
- In the morning plunge the press about halfway down. Do not plunge fully as coffee may become bitter
- Pour brew into a glass of ice and dilute with water to your desired strength, usually 1 to 1 ratio
- Enjoy your drink black or add milk or almond milk
Black Fuel Trading uses fair trade beans with a portion of each bag going to charity. Visit their website for more details and offers
Photo by Black Fuel Trading.