I spent this fine Sunday morning out driving around the local region and visiting some shops of interest. I was thinking and laughing to myself at how growing up and thinking how lame it was that ‘older people’ did this. I thought about how I’ve changed, and for the better, so I put together a little list of things I do now that I didn’t do over 10 years ago.
- I refer to anyone a decade younger than me as a child and wonder if I was ever that young
- When I meet someone and compare their year of birth to what year I was in during high school
- Spending my Sundays going for scenic drives, checking out local cafes and trinket stores just like today
- All shoes have built in comfort. Sketchers and Massuer slides are the best!
- Early dinners are a godsend and being home by 10pm is the best. Even better when friends want to catch up for breakfast or lunch.
- Crafting is a real thing. Cross stitch, journaling, jewellery making, I’ve tried it all
- I avoid the cinemas during school holidays because kids are evil munchkins. Weekdays in mid morning are the quietest
- Vitamins are apart of my daily intake and googling cute pill organisers on Amazon is a thing
- I feel guilty when I don’t read for at least 30 minutes before bed time
- Enjoy a nightcap whilst reading
- Afternoon naps are great but I have to set a timer otherwise I will oversleep!
- I pay attention to people and businesses if they make an effort to be sustainable. A local fruit and vegetable grocer nearby sells plastic with food inside. All the fresh food is wrapped in plastic. Literally all of it. I refuse to shop there
- I turn all the lights off wherever I can
- I don’t have a green thumb but dream of having a vegetable and herb garden in my backyard
- Spend Sunday evenings planning my week ahead so I can hit the ground running in Monday morning
- My day starts and ends with checking the weather report
- Conversations with friends start with a health report before anything else
- My lower back hurts all the time. In fact everything from the belly button down hurts like Hell due to old ouchies.
Did I miss anything?! What do you find yourself doing now as an adult that you never thought you as yourself doing?!